Sunday, September 26, 2010

Best Friends!


One of my very favorite things about home schooling is how much time I get to spend with my kids. Of course if you catch me on a bad day I might also say it's one of the things I don't like about home schooling. But those days are rare. I have come to believe that as far as being a mother goes it's mostly about "quantity". Don't get me wrong "quality time" is very important. But we are all busy with so many important and worthy activities that sometimes, at least for me I don't have time for quality. But, my kids are with me in almost everything I do. I am able to teach them and gain their trust just by the sheer number of hours they have to spend with me every day. I am so thankful for my relationship with each one of my kids. They are each so different, so interesting, and have so much to share with me.
They not only spend an awful lot of time with me but also with each other. Some days it seems like all I hear is bickering. But somehow along the way all this "quantity time" has had an added benefit. They really love each other. Lately I have been noticing more and more my Marley and Townsend having real and meaningful conversations. They talk about books, they talk about qualities in other people that they admire or want to avoid, they tell me how much they miss the other one when they are away. They both say that even though they fight, the other is their best friend. And as a mother there is absolutely nothing more rewarding than my children truly loving each other. It makes all the mundane, gross, and tedious jobs worth every second I spend on them. I love you Marley and Townsie. You make our home a happy place to be!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Helena said...

Aww, that's great!

I hope my kids will enjoy talking and doing things together when they get older.

Laura Call said...

How wonderful Bronwyn! It must be a great feeling to witness that and definitely says something about you as a mother as well.

juddpower57 said...

I do not have to say this but I am going to because you need to remember as you just said all of the quality and quantity of time you spend with them is the reason they are so awesome. I admire Thomas as a father, but you along with the Lord's Church are the ones who are molding them into such wonderful people. I love and admire you greatly my sweet baby sister.