Sunday, February 17, 2013

Museum Day-Air and Space


We finally did it! We ventured out in the freezing cold to the Smithsonian Museum of Air and Space. What an amazing place! I vaguely remember going there as a kid and I thought going into a space ship was THE coolest thing ever to happen to me. There is so much history and information to absorb in this place. I have to come back without the kids sometime soon so I can actually stop and read everything.



 
Our awesome friend Terrill braved the chaos and came with us. Ephraim loved being his museum-buddy.
 

 


 
A skeleton in the trenches of WWI. Townsend and Jairus liked that one.

 
We got to touch a moon stone, see every kind of airplane imaginable, touch and see the capsule that the first man orbited the earth in and we didn't even loose a kid, not even once!

We only managed to make it half way through. The littles were worn out.

Tomorrow we have another exciting day in store. We're going to Mt. Vernon and to the George Washington Birthday Parade in Old Town Alexandria. I am so excited!
Posted by Picasa