Friday, December 6, 2013

One Year

It always happens, but time has truly flown by! We have been in Virginia for almost a year now. It has been a wonderful year. So many amazing experiences seeing history and art and the beauty of the world around us. And so many experiences with knowing that God is a very real and active part of our lives, that He listens and answers prayers, and that he tailor designs each opportunity for struggle and growth. I am not always so great at appreciating those struggles in the moment but I can always see the wisdom and loving care in my experiences once I've come through.
Today, I attempted to get a picture with all the kids together for this year's Christmas card. Definitely not an easy task getting seven wiggly and opinionated people to hold still and smile! This is how most of them came out.



It's crazy being a mother. Just minutes before these photos were taken I just about lost it. Aislyn was throwing a fit about having to brush her hair and someone had left honey on the table and Joan-Claire was covered in it and Townsend was busy antagonizing someone else to tears. Luckily, instead of saying "forget it" we pushed through. And now as I look at these beautiful, silly faces I just feel so grateful to have each one of these people to share my life with. I love them and even better than that, they love me too!

No comments: