Thursday, September 25, 2008

Husband Tag


I was tagged by my darling friend Sarah. It has really forced me to strain in recalling all the little details. I remember our early days more as a exultant blur of utter of joy, not so much specific details.
What is his name? Thomas Francis Judd II
How long have you been married? Twelve and a half years! Weird.
How long did you date? From first date to wedding date was just shy of four months. When you know, you know.
How old is he? 36. He is five years older than me which works out great. Whenever I start to feel old I just think "He's almost 40" and I feel a little better.
Who eats more sweets? If we're talking about pop, he does. If we're talking about chocolate, there's no question it's me.
Who said I love you first? I'm sure he did. I like to play coy. But really it was kindof just understood that we loved each other from the very beginning.
Who is taller? He is 6'5". I am 5'7". When we hug my nose conveniently reaches his armpit.
Who can sing better? Him. He is actually quite skilled at modeling his voice after professional musicians. Most recently he was singing The Police and sounded exactly like Sting.
Who does the laundry? Until recently I did. Now sweet Marley Mae has taken over at least half of the time. It's wonderful! Laundry is the bain of my existence.
Who pays the bills? I do.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do. It's closest to the baby's room.
Who mows the lawn? He does. Somehow when I was pregnant with Jairus I developed horrible seasonal allergies. I can not mow the lawn without my eyes swelling shut. Nice picture.
Who drives?He does. I'm not really a fan of driving, especially long distances.
Who is more stubborn? Him, or wait....me. It probably depends on the situation.
Who kissed who first? He kissed me. Again, I like to play coy.
Who asked who out first? We met at a Christmas church dance and were together pretty much every day thereafter. I don't really know that either one of us asked we both just knew we'd be together a lot.
Who proposed? He did, with a box of bordeauxs and an engagement ring inside.
Who has more siblings?I do with 3 sisters and 2 brothers. He has 3 brothers and 1 sister. In the very beginning he said "A family just isn't a family without at least 5 kids in it."
Who wears the pants? At first glance one might say that he does. But secretly I'm really the pants wearer. Although I do enjoy wearing skirts and dresses from time to time.
And now I will ask to hear from Marrianne and Helena. I am very interested to hear your dating stories.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sweet! Thomas is a great man, Im so glad you two have found so much happiness together! Nothing could be better than to know that two really wonderful people are still so happy so many years later.
Im SOOOOO in love with your playlist! I can't turn your blog off, I have to write all of this down!

mycattripoli said...

oh what a fun hub- and very sweet- and such a successful marriage- with beautiful children! love you all!

Lucinda said...

How fun to read about your courtship! Love you two.